Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/class_core.php on line 39

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/class_core.php:39) in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions.php on line 803

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/class_core.php:39) in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions.php on line 803

Deprecated: Function eregi_replace() is deprecated in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions_post.php on line 146

Deprecated: Function eregi_replace() is deprecated in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions_post.php on line 146

Kia Sorento 06 will start and them shut off
Current time: 10-02-2014, 01:21 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Post Reply  Post Thread 

Kia Sorento 06 will start and them shut off
malaboy
Sorento Fan

Group: Registered
Question  Kia Sorento 06 will start and them shut off

Kia Mech, Iwas driving my sorento home from work and i notice the engine stall like i was going to shut down but it didnt I got home and now start for few seconds (30-45), and shut off, them wont start for a while. I hear a bang noise from the engine comparment after a few attends to start it, from the right side of the engine compartment. Any ideas will help thanks in advance.

11-04-2010 07:44 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
KiaMech
SS Donor

Group: SS Donor
RE: Kia Sorento 06 will start and them shut off

Well, at first I would say a bad fuel pump, but then I read "I hear a bang noise". Sounds serious, but with such limited information it's hard to say.

How many miles are on it?

Save a life, Donate Blood

After that head over to www.SorentoNation.com and say hi.

Due to the lack of time I have to answer posts and PM's, I won't be able to participate as much as I have in the past. PM's have also been turned off.
11-04-2010 10:14 PM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
malaboy
Sorento Fan

RE:  Kia Sorento 06 will start and them shut off

KiaMech Wrote:

Well, at first I would say a bad fuel pump, but then I read "I hear a bang noise". Sounds serious, but with such limited information it's hard to say.

well it giveme several codes P0334, P0367 o2 sensor ckt any ideas .

11-06-2010 01:33 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
KiaMech
SS Donor

P0334 is for the knock sensor, but I have a feeling that it is probably a secondary code to the camshaft sensor.

The codes you give are not in the US version of the information I have through Kia. You called both codes something else, which makes me wonder if we're even looking at the right thing.

Either way, none of the codes should have produced any noise, but the knock sensor code could have been the result of an engine noise.

Does it run now?

Does it still make noise?

Due to the lack of time I have to answer posts and PM's, I won't be able to participate as much as I have in the past. PM's have also been turned off.
11-06-2010 09:21 AM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
malaboy
Sorento Fan

well now i have 85000 miles and the car start but it give a code P0338 crank position sensor A circuit high input. This is drivingme crazy.

11-07-2010 07:30 PM
Nc Kia kid
Sorento Master

Hey I dnt kno too much about Kia I work at a Nissan dealer ship but a crank sensor is pretty universal when it goes bad and if you haveva code for the crank sensor I would replace it.it sounds like it's not receiving it's proper signal causing the crank and running issue.and as far as the knock sensor code,it won't set the check engine light or cause any running conditions of the motor.hope this info will help!!!!!

11-07-2010 09:17 PM
KiaMech
SS Donor

x2. I would change the sensor as the Sorento seems to be particularly hard on crank sensors for some reason. I can't remember a time when I got a crank sensor code when it wasn't a crank sensor.

Still doesn't explain the bang noise though.

11-07-2010 09:33 PM
lok888
Sorento God

The camshaft position sensor on my 03 Sorento was replaced 3 months ago. It had to be towed. The CEL was on and the code is P340. Few months before the replacement, car was either couldn't start or hestiated to start even after a short drive.

11-08-2010 10:05 AM
malaboy
Sorento Fan

Here is the update i replace the crank sensor and on the process i change the timing belt it only make sense since you have to remove it to get to the crank sensor. So far no problems i drove it for several days and no problems, thankx everybody for you're help and for the person that this it happening too is not that hard i spend about 300 dollars to replace all the parts DIY it took me 2 days is not that hard if you follow the steps and don't forget to torque the crankshaft bolt 130 ft lbs

This post was last modified: 11-28-2010 06:22 PM by malaboy.

11-28-2010 06:19 PM

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: