Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/class_core.php on line 39

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/class_core.php:39) in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions.php on line 803

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/class_core.php:39) in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions.php on line 803

Deprecated: Function eregi_replace() is deprecated in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions_post.php on line 146

Deprecated: Function eregi_replace() is deprecated in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions_post.php on line 146

where are my Oxygen sensors???
Current time: 08-22-2014, 04:49 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Post Reply  Post Thread 

evrh30
Sorento Fan

Group: Registered

i have 2006 kia sorento lx 3.5 ltr,could you please tell me where my oxygen sensors are located? if you have a picture,great! thank you so much!

10-08-2010 01:46 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
nstoolman1
Sorento God

RE: where are my Oxygen sensors???

On the 03 there is a pre cat and post cat on both banks. Look real careful and you will see them. Should be the same on an 06.

This post was last modified: 10-08-2010 06:00 PM by nstoolman1.

10-08-2010 06:00 PM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
evrh30
Sorento Fan

is there a total of three sensors? i found the one close to firewall is that bank one?

10-08-2010 06:08 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
KiaMech
SS Donor

Group: SS Donor

There are 4 sensors. One in each bank before the catalytic converters and one after in each bank.

Save a life, Donate Blood

After that head over to www.SorentoNation.com and say hi.

Due to the lack of time I have to answer posts and PM's, I won't be able to participate as much as I have in the past. PM's have also been turned off.
10-08-2010 06:19 PM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
evrh30
Sorento Fan

thank you for the help!

10-09-2010 05:52 PM
rdhamill
Sorento Fan

Is there really a difference between the before and after cat sensors?
I wonder if the Kia OE part is the same or not.
The aftermarket has them listed with a different number for each location on some site, and others list it as the same.
anyone know?

'03 Sorento LX
04-02-2011 07:04 AM
KiaMech
SS Donor

Group: SS Donor

They are different, but not by much. I think the front sensor would work in both locations, but the rear would not work in the front location.

Save a life, Donate Blood

After that head over to www.SorentoNation.com and say hi.

Due to the lack of time I have to answer posts and PM's, I won't be able to participate as much as I have in the past. PM's have also been turned off.
04-02-2011 08:40 AM
rdhamill
Sorento Fan

I need to replace he rear left one, as I stripped it trying to remove it to replace the exhaust pipe. Got all of the studs out, and one O2 sensor, but lost that one.
thanks for the info
have a great day

'03 Sorento LX
04-02-2011 09:08 AM
nstoolman1
Sorento God

The red marks are approximately where the sensors go. This is general info for anyone who needs to see it. Plus I bit the bullet and signed up for Photo Bucket.

04-02-2011 09:11 AM

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: