Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/class_core.php on line 39

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/class_core.php:39) in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions.php on line 803

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/class_core.php:39) in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions.php on line 803

Deprecated: Function eregi_replace() is deprecated in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions_post.php on line 146

Deprecated: Function eregi_replace() is deprecated in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions_post.php on line 146

2011 Sorento
Current time: 11-26-2014, 11:02 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Pages (2): « First [1] 2 » Last » Post Reply  Post Thread 

2011 Sorento
kcwildguy
Sorento Fan

Group: Registered
2011 Sorento

I don't see a review yet for the 2011. I just (3 weeks ago) purchased a 2011 LX 3.5L V6 with the Convenince Package. This is replacing both a 2006 Spectra and my 1995 Ford Explorer. I can't say enough good things about the new Sorento. The comfort and features are top-notch. I already have a 1200 mile road trip in it, plus some around-town driving. On the highway, I was easily getting 26 mi/gal while running 70mph with the air on. The engine has a ton of pep, and runs smoothly.

I do have the common issue of a slight pull to the right while driving, but I have confidence Kia will figure out the cause and take care of it. My only real complaint is that if you want the V6, you have to take the 3rd row seating. I had no desire for another seat, but I wanted the V6 for towing. I have not yet put a hitch on it, but as soon as I get mine, I will report on the towing capability and feel.

If you want to know anything I haven't mentioned, let me know, I really love it, and can't wait to get it out more!

2011 Sorento LX 3.5L V6
08-27-2010 12:08 PM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
lok888
Sorento God

RE: 2011 Sorento

Is it a FWD or AWD? Do you mind sharing your paid price and location? I'm in MA. I saw the sticker price for LX, V6, AWD with Convenience Package is $25K. A fully loaded EX, V6, AWD with Package could cost $35K.

09-08-2010 11:16 AM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
kcwildguy
Sorento Fan

I have the LX, V-6, FWD with convenience package, mats, cargo cover, net and remote start. My total paid was 25,975 with a sticker of 27,675

2011 Sorento LX 3.5L V6
09-08-2010 11:21 AM
roydan
Sorento Fan

I just purchase my Kia Sorento 2011 SX FWD it have all the toys I believed the MRSP was $34 after rebate and down payment $27440. I don't if is because of the breaking I am not getting good MPG with only 395 miles driven. I probadly take the Sorento back for inspection.

10-15-2010 07:18 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
rdufel
Sorento Fan

I just got mine (2.4L EX with Premium package). It is the dark cherry with beige interior. Have gotten many complements on the color. It is very pretty for a car. So far I am quite pleased. I'm still learning on how to work everything. Got the blue tooth working with my Iphone yesterday. The trip computer says I got 24mpg on my trip to work today. It's 24 miles both ways.
A couple of things that could be better - back up camera is nice, but would like the marker lines in the display so you know how far the objects are away. Subaru Outback has this and it is sweet. Also, I backed into a curb tonight and the ultrasonic beeper didn't make any sound. I thought it was supposed to detect these things. Would also like a better ride. A little stiff for my liking.
Overall, it is a nice vehicle and am happy with my purchase. Anyone know when better shocks will be available?

11-29-2010 11:02 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
mmartin
Sorento Guru

I just picked up my white 2011 EX AWD with 2.4L. I replaced my 2005 white LX with it. I don't know what it is, but I just love white vehicles...lol

It has the tan/black leather interior with the premium package and some cool lighting feature where you can change the lighting colors at your feet and in the cup holders to red, blue or green. Pretty cool.

I would have liked to have gotten the Nav system and a 6 cyl instead, but I needed to stay under a certain monthly payment. Wife's rules. So far the 4 cyl is doing fine. But I only have a whopping 21 miles on it so it's too early to call. The 27 mpg rating on the highway will be a refreshing change. The best my 2005 ever did was 21 mpg highway.

I was extremely happy with my 2005 Sorie and I'm hoping to be just as happy with the 2011.

Mike

12-08-2010 09:44 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Cswerve
Sorento Fan

I bought my 2011 Sorento LX FWD with Convienience package 3 weeks ago when my accord died. Sticker was 24K and with trade in & rebate I ended up paying a little over 18K.

I do have a gripe about the headlights but I won't go into that again here (see my other post "2011 Gripes" if you want).

I also had to take it back in for service because it kept pulling to the right while driving. The service tech swapped the tires which seemed to fix the problem. Gas mileage is not the 29 advertised yet, but I attribute that to the cold wisconsin weather, and the fact that I let it idle quite a while with the remote :-) start that I had thrown in.

This is my first Kia, and because I had to buy a new vehicle lickety split, I am too disoriented to claim to be a fan just yet. We'll see.

01-03-2011 03:44 PM
lok888
Sorento God

Congrats on your purchase! Hey... my last car before my 03 Sorento was Accord too.

01-03-2011 03:56 PM
franxalot
Sorento Master

kcwildguy Wrote:

I don't see a review yet for the 2011. I just (3 weeks ago) purchased a 2011 LX 3.5L V6 with the Convenince Package. This is replacing both a 2006 Spectra and my 1995 Ford Explorer. I can't say enough good things about the new Sorento. The comfort and features are top-notch. I already have a 1200 mile road trip in it, plus some around-town driving. On the highway, I was easily getting 26 mi/gal while running 70mph with the air on. The engine has a ton of pep, and runs smoothly.

I do have the common issue of a slight pull to the right while driving, but I have confidence Kia will figure out the cause and take care of it. My only real complaint is that if you want the V6, you have to take the 3rd row seating. I had no desire for another seat, but I wanted the V6 for towing. I have not yet put a hitch on it, but as soon as I get mine, I will report on the towing capability and feel.

If you want to know anything I haven't mentioned, let me know, I really love it, and can't wait to get it out more!

=============================================
More snow here in Maine. The $20,495 Sorento LX I4 handles it well with the stock Kumho tires at 11,000 mi. The snow drags on the undercarriage but no wheelspin, sliding, or the like. Love this AWD monster!

2011 Sorento LX Titanium Silver, I-4, 6 spd auto, AWD, 3rd seat, convenience pkg w/fogs, heated seats, roof rack, 26+ MPG on long trips to northern New Brunswick.

Don't pick a fight with an old man.
If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
01-21-2011 07:13 PM
franxalot
Sorento Master

RE:  2011 Sorento

rdufel Wrote:

I just got mine (2.4L EX with Premium package).  It is the dark cherry with beige interior.  Have gotten many complements on the color.  It is very pretty for a car.  So far I am quite pleased.  I'm still learning on how to work everything.  Got the blue tooth working with my Iphone yesterday.  The trip computer says I got 24mpg on my trip to work today.  It's 24 miles both ways.  
A couple of things that could be better - back up camera is nice, but would like the marker lines in the display so you know how far the objects are away.  Subaru Outback has this and it is sweet.  Also, I backed into a curb tonight and the ultrasonic beeper didn't make any sound.  I thought it was supposed to detect these things.  Would also like a better ride.  A little stiff for my liking.
Overall, it is a nice vehicle and am happy with my purchase.  Anyone know when better shocks will be available?

a curb may be a little low for the sensors. Mine 'sees' the slightly higher Jersey barriers in the supermarket parking lot....also unmowed grass at the edge of our lawn....

2011 Sorento LX Titanium Silver, I-4, 6 spd auto, AWD, 3rd seat, convenience pkg w/fogs, heated seats, roof rack, 26+ MPG on long trips to northern New Brunswick.

Don't pick a fight with an old man.
If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
01-21-2011 07:16 PM
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 » Last »

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: