Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/class_core.php on line 39

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/class_core.php:39) in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions.php on line 803

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/class_core.php:39) in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions.php on line 803

Deprecated: Function eregi_replace() is deprecated in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions_post.php on line 146

Deprecated: Function eregi_replace() is deprecated in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions_post.php on line 146

Front exhaust flex pipe fixed
Current time: 12-19-2014, 08:37 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Pages (2): « First [1] 2 » Last » Post Reply  Post Thread 

boking1965
Sorento Freak

Group: Registered

So what caused this to wear? Well the front exhaust pipe hanger bracket and the muffler hanger bracket rusted off. I heard the exhaust rattling against the frame when I turned the truck off Last week. So I got down to have a look at it and found them hanging on to nothing. Took it to my local shop last week, put it on the lift and had new brakets welded in plus they order a new flex pipe. Today they welded in the new flex pipe and all is well for $150 total. The flex pipe cost $40 and the rest was labor cost. Not a bad price!!! considering Kia wants over $300 for the front pipe. Eyebrow Headbang Balloon

2005 Indigo Blue LX Sport

2007 Pontiac G5
2007 Yamaha Roadstar Silverado
2006 Kawasaki Vulcan LTD500
1988 Chevrolet Celebrity
09-08-2009 04:10 PM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
lok888
Sorento God

RE: Front exhaust flex pipe fixed

You beat my price. I paid $225 for the job in a local muffler shop (not Midas or any chain stores). They just cut the broken flex pipe and welded in a new one. My dealer also quoted $3XX.00 for the pipe (new) plus labor.

09-09-2009 10:42 AM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
boking1965
Sorento Freak

Well I just looked online at rockauto and they have the front pipe, made by walker, for $145. CensoredCursinBash

2007 Pontiac G5
1988 Chevrolet Celebrity
09-10-2009 04:00 PM
LXEdition
Sorento God

Had my flex pipe replaced and muffler replaced two months ago both having holes in it. The shop put on a Cherry Bomb muffler sounds decent...when I got there they had the resonator off and it took my starting the Sorento to know the resonator needs to be on with a Cherry bomb for sure! whole thing was a little over $500.

LXEdition: 04 Clear Silver LX
NB, Canada

This post was last modified: 09-11-2009 09:56 AM by LXEdition.

09-11-2009 09:55 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
maksik
Sorento Master

RE:  Front exhaust flex pipe fixed

lok888 Wrote:

You beat my price. I paid $225 for the job in a local muffler shop (not Midas or any chain stores). They just cut the broken flex pipe and welded in a new one. My dealer also quoted $3XX.00 for the pipe (new) plus labor.
A friend of mine owns a shop and replaced both flex pieces for $120. Local Midas wanted $250 - yeah, right.
I also looked at option of getting the whole pipe from Rockauto.com for $145.

03 silver VW Passat - mine
03 apline gray KIA Sorento EX - hers, 150K miles
09-11-2009 06:23 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Planecrazy
Sorento Guru

I had the exact same problem, but BOTH of the flex pipes were shot. Local shop did the same custom welding to replace both hangers as well as using two universal flex tubes and the associated custom welding. Cost was $330. Dealer wanted about $400 for the front downtube alone, not to mention what they would have charged to replace the pipe and muffler with the rusted off brackets (you KNOW they wouldn't offer to repair them). I was very satisfied with the deal I got!

Regards,

Steve Sun
Buffalo Grove, IL

2003 Silver Sorento EX (wife's) - sold
Premium slotted/dimpled discs - AWESOME upgrade!!

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel (Mine)
'83 Suzuki GS1100G, '80 GS550L (recently sold), '82 GS1100GK (Project Bike)
09-19-2009 09:21 PM
boking1965
Sorento Freak

RE:  Front exhaust flex pipe fixed

Planecrazy Wrote:

I had the exact same problem, but BOTH of the flex pipes were shot.  Local shop did the same custom welding to replace both hangers as well as using two universal flex tubes and the associated custom welding.  Cost was $330.  Dealer wanted about $400 for the front downtube alone, not to mention what they would have charged to replace the pipe and muffler with the rusted off brackets (you KNOW they wouldn't offer to repair them).  I was very satisfied with the deal I got!

Regards,

At least you now know you do not have to worry about for as long as you have the Sorie!! I know the new stainless steal hanger brakets will remain where they are for a lot longer than the OEM and the flex pipe will not break either. Good to know its fixed!

2007 Pontiac G5
1988 Chevrolet Celebrity
09-20-2009 03:49 PM
zx5power
Sorento Freak

where you get the work done nick ??

09-28-2009 12:42 PM
Barberryn
Sorento Fan

I just completed the same repair myself. I have 200,000 Km on my sorie now. I replaced the front Y-pipe from Carquest in Halifax for 226$ cdn. I checked the other brackets as well and they were rusted off. I tacked them on but thats when the real problems started. I'll start a new post looking for "Fryed my ECM" help.

'04 EX-LUX
11-16-2009 12:20 PM
davidrob
Sorento Fan

Very good and trustwothy website! A lot of interesting info. We were hoping for this.Thanks for sharing!
playground hardware

10-10-2012 01:54 AM
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 » Last »

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: