Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/class_core.php on line 39

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/class_core.php:39) in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions.php on line 803

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/class_core.php:39) in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions.php on line 803

Deprecated: Function eregi_replace() is deprecated in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions_post.php on line 146

Deprecated: Function eregi_replace() is deprecated in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions_post.php on line 146

Fuse Keeps on blowing
Current time: 07-26-2014, 12:04 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 » Last » Post Reply  Post Thread 

Fuse Keeps on blowing
07Sorento
SS Donor & Senior Moderator

Group: Banned
Fuse Keeps on blowing

Last Saturday I was driving down the road and all of a sudden the radio and clock just shut off. When I got out I noticed that the keyless entry didnt work along with the dome lights. Turns out the 30amp audio fuse under the hood blew. I replaced and it worked great until my wife drove it to work this morning. She called me to let me know and I then called the dealer. Its going in next Thursday. I went to put another amp in tonight and as soon as I put it in it blew. I know its an electrical problem and it could be a variety of things but has anyone else had an issue like this? I guess I wont be listening to the radio for a week which sucks. Hissyfit Stuff like this bugs me.

07 Kia Sorento LX

06-12-2008 10:37 PM
Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
KiaMech
SS Donor

Group: SS Donor
RE: Fuse Keeps on blowing

Sounds like you have an intermittent short. It could be anywhere.

Save a life, Donate Blood

After that head over to www.SorentoNation.com and say hi.

Due to the lack of time I have to answer posts and PM's, I won't be able to participate as much as I have in the past. PM's have also been turned off.
06-12-2008 11:06 PM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
LXEdition
Sorento God

Group: Registered

have you changed anything lately...bulbs, radio, etc... remember my fuse blowing episode the dealership put the incorrect bulb wattage in my tail lights two or three weeks later the heat fused the brake and park elements together and then started to blow the engine fuse, so start thinking back what changed if anything, if nothing then I hope they find it.

LXEdition: 04 Clear Silver LX
NB, Canada

06-12-2008 11:17 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
07Sorento

RE:  Fuse Keeps on blowing

KiaMech Wrote:

Sounds like you have an intermittent short. It could be anywhere.

That makes sense. Thanks. I'll let the dealer have fun with it on Thursday.

LX, I have yet to change anything. I plan on chaning the radio in a few weeks so hopefully its resolved by then.

07 Kia Sorento LX

06-13-2008 05:11 AM
Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
cbotd
Sorento Guru

Did it blow right away with the accessory on or the engine running? If it blew without anything turned on, sounds like a grounding problem or two wires are touching somewhere.

03 KIA Sorento EX 4X4 - Current daily driver
07 KIA Sedona EX - New Family/ Wife's
New Toy & Project: 1968 Triumph Spitfire MK3
Old Toys: Ninja 500R and VStar 650
SOTM: June 2008 Smile
06-13-2008 08:17 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
07Sorento

It blows with nothing turned on.

07 Kia Sorento LX

06-13-2008 03:43 PM
07Sorento

Just discovered the dome lights do work only when I have the switch to the on position. They dont work when they are in the door position.

07 Kia Sorento LX

06-13-2008 07:20 PM
LXEdition
Sorento God

talking about blowing fuses...I went to pick up a trailer today, which I have pulled tons of trailers before but this was a new one to Mel...anyway threw the trailer on the ball (didn't hook up ANY wires) put the 4 way hazards on as I usually do don't know why I just do anyway 5 seconds after I heard a loud buzzing sound and the hazards stop working..WTF!?! checked the fuse and it was blown, ok that's weird, popped in another fuse and out of curiosity I checked the signal lights again buzz and then nothing. Remember absolutely no wires are hooked up, ok now the signal light fuse was blown...ok now I'm starting to go nuts what the hell just happened, ok remove that trailer I have to bring this home and figure out what the hell is going on, unhooked the trailer popped in another fuse and everything is working fine.

I have to mention the trailer was a hydraulic dump trailer, so all I can guess there was a bad ground on the trailer but I seen the guy just drop it off and he seemed to have no issues...anyway weird little story I thought I'd share...maybe Mel just didn't like how it was riding on her a$$ and it was telling me it wanted it off.Sun

LXEdition: 04 Clear Silver LX
NB, Canada

06-13-2008 08:49 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
07Sorento

Its nice that she let you know she didnt want to tow it lol.
I think mine is telling me its time for some aftermarket equipment insideEyebrow

07 Kia Sorento LX

06-13-2008 09:41 PM
cbotd
Sorento Guru

^^^^^

I agree.

03 KIA Sorento EX 4X4 - Current daily driver
07 KIA Sedona EX - New Family/ Wife's
New Toy & Project: 1968 Triumph Spitfire MK3
Old Toys: Ninja 500R and VStar 650
SOTM: June 2008 Smile
06-14-2008 12:03 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: