Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/class_core.php on line 39

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/class_core.php:39) in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions.php on line 803

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/class_core.php:39) in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions.php on line 803

Deprecated: Function eregi_replace() is deprecated in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions_post.php on line 146

Deprecated: Function eregi_replace() is deprecated in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions_post.php on line 146

Recall for the infamous butterfly screws
Current time: 11-26-2014, 08:34 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Pages (9): « First « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 » Last » Post Reply  Post Thread 

Recall for the infamous butterfly screws
bigb
Sorento Master

Group: Registered
RE: Recall for the infamous butterfly screws

got mine set for the 9th to fix it.

03 sorento ex - mine
00 dodge neon - 1/2 g/f's-1/2 mine

79 yamaha xs1100 - my 2 wheeled fun
86 suzuki lt230s quadsport - my offroading toy
05-27-2008 08:27 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
boking1965
Sorento Freak

Called the service department to schedule an appointment and was told there is no recall. Told her to go to their tech web page and put in the number code I gave her and it will come up with it. She asked me were I got the info and told her from here. She said not all web sites are truthfull, told her this web site knows more about the sorento then all of the dealers put together and then some. Eyebrow She did not want to talk about that again. So I was the first to call about it and it goes in on the 25th.  

2005 Indigo Blue LX Sport

2007 Pontiac G5
2007 Yamaha Roadstar Silverado
2006 Kawasaki Vulcan LTD500
1988 Chevrolet Celebrity
05-28-2008 11:59 AM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
K Spec
Sorento God

RE:  Recall for the infamous butterfly screws

boking1965 Wrote:

She asked me were I got the info and told her from here. She said not all web sites are truthfull, told her this web site knows more about the sorento then all of the dealers put together and then some. Eyebrow

I wonder if she thinks KIA's own site is truthful... that's where the info originally comes from. We are just an extremely efficient means of info distribution. Give 'em hell people.

K Spec _ Chicago : USA
'03 Clear White KIA Sorento LX 4x4

Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
Jake: "Hit it!"
05-28-2008 01:30 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Gee6
SS Donor

Group: SS Donor

It's sad, but true! My dealer only got the official Kia dealer computer set up early this year despite being a Kia only dealer for some time (I'm on my second Sorie from them) ........... have to wonder how many others out there have no connection to Kia's info?

I drive a diesel - I'm all torque!
Garage
05-29-2008 12:45 AM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
gator
Sorento Fan

Sorento 3.5 Recall

New camp. out to address the throttle screws that get ingested into the engine and causing all the engine damage. Camp. # is KT2008052101
Thats for 2003 thru 2005 sorento with 3.5 engine. Dont expect any dicount on replaceing the spark plugs while they have the upper end torn down. My dealer in Columbus Georgia still wanted $225.00 to replace plugs. Even the general manger would not help out. Talked to him about it and he ended up hanging up on me!!! Sorry Ass Dealer!!!!

04 sorento
Chrome Tomato Grille
Tom tom 720 GPS
Radar detector
Window vent shades
Drilled and slotted front rotors
05-30-2008 11:51 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
LXEdition
Sorento God

I just merged the threads together since it's the exact same topic....thanks for the information gator!

LXEdition: 04 Clear Silver LX
NB, Canada

05-30-2008 12:03 PM
sorentochickrox
Sorento Guru

Got mine done yesterday, no problems or issues to report.

"If you don't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them!"
Max and Sorentochick
05-30-2008 12:42 PM
Planecrazy
Sorento Guru

RE: Sorento 3.5 Recall

gator Wrote:

New camp. out to address the throttle screws that get ingested into the engine and causing all the engine damage. Camp. # is KT2008052101
Thats for 2003 thru 2005 sorento with 3.5 engine. Dont expect any dicount on replaceing the spark plugs while they have the upper end torn down. My dealer in Columbus Georgia still wanted $225.00 to replace plugs. Even the general manger would not help out. Talked to him about it and he ended up hanging up on me!!! Sorry Ass Dealer!!!!

Called my dealer today ... due to a power outage his computers are down so he can't call up anything, but he didn't recognize the above campaign number as even being legitimate. He DID recognize the three digit campaign number I read off the original PDF earlier in this thread as a legitimate one, but still couldn't call up any info on it.

The good news ... He didn't think there'd be any major issue in merging a spark plug change with the recall, though he stated there'd be a charge for the labor involved to actually replace the plugs. I told him I couldn't imagine that being significant since the act of pulling and replacing six plugs couldn't take more than ten to fifteen minutes max... We'll see what happens when he calls back after the computers go online again.

Regards,

Steve Sun
Buffalo Grove, IL

2003 Silver Sorento EX (wife's) - sold
Premium slotted/dimpled discs - AWESOME upgrade!!

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel (Mine)
'83 Suzuki GS1100G, '80 GS550L (recently sold), '82 GS1100GK (Project Bike)
05-30-2008 02:36 PM
cbotd
Sorento Guru

Mine goes in next week while we're at DinseyWorld. New Fuel sending unit, this recall, and I might have those plugs done too.

03 KIA Sorento EX 4X4 - Current daily driver
07 KIA Sedona EX - New Family/ Wife's
New Toy & Project: 1968 Triumph Spitfire MK3
Old Toys: Ninja 500R and VStar 650
SOTM: June 2008 Smile
05-30-2008 09:19 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
K Spec
Sorento God

Hey Planecrazy, which dealer do you take your Sorie to? I'm thinking about combining the recall campaign and the spark plug maintenance as well. I'm just about to roll over 60k. The guys at Schaumburg Kia usually treat me right.

K Spec _ Chicago : USA
'03 Clear White KIA Sorento LX 4x4

Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
Jake: "Hit it!"
05-30-2008 10:23 PM
Pages (9): « First « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 » Last »

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: