Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/class_core.php on line 39

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/class_core.php:39) in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions.php on line 803

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/class_core.php:39) in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions.php on line 803

Deprecated: Function eregi_replace() is deprecated in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions_post.php on line 146

Deprecated: Function eregi_replace() is deprecated in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions_post.php on line 146

Air Bag light indicator reset
Current time: 10-24-2014, 01:00 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Post Reply  Post Thread 

Project03
Sorento Guru

Group: Registered

Hey is there reset button somewhere in sorie to turn off air bag light indicator? There's nothing wrong with the bag and took to the KIA dealer and they reset it. They charged $95 just to check it. They said it was because I replaced with new battery and it was low voltage. I was like "HUH?" So anyways...the air bag light came back the next day.

08-04-2007 10:27 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
KiaMech
SS Donor

Group: SS Donor
RE: Air Bag light indicator reset

If the light is on, it's on for a reason. I doubt changing the battery would have caused the low voltage code, but who knows. I think your problem is a little more complicated than a replaced battery.

Save a life, Donate Blood

After that head over to www.SorentoNation.com and say hi.

Due to the lack of time I have to answer posts and PM's, I won't be able to participate as much as I have in the past. PM's have also been turned off.
08-04-2007 10:33 PM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
Project03
Sorento Guru

Yeah I didnt think replacing the battery caused the light go on. I'm just thinking they're too lazy to check it out cause when I took it in for crankpully bolt recall. There were many sorento all lined up for recall (i say like about 15 sories). So many they were too busy with other sories and took quick job recall. Didnt want to go back again and again eating my $ out my pocket just to reset the light.

08-04-2007 10:38 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
KiaMech
SS Donor

Group: SS Donor

They got what they wanted. You came in for something free, ended up spending $95 for about 5 minutes worth of work, AND they know you'll be back at a more convenient time because their "fix" guaranteed it.

Save a life, Donate Blood

After that head over to www.SorentoNation.com and say hi.

Due to the lack of time I have to answer posts and PM's, I won't be able to participate as much as I have in the past. PM's have also been turned off.
08-04-2007 11:36 PM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
lok888
Sorento God

My battery went dead last winter. I had to jump start it and replaced it next day. I had no such problem. However, the clock spring had to replace when the driver air bag warning light went off. I have an '03 Sorento, so I only have warning light for the driver's side. Would that be the reason for you?

08-05-2007 01:45 AM
BigTex
Sorento Guru

My air bag light came on once. I thought about eveything I had done that day and what would have caused it.Scratchchin
I found that the little plastic plug under the drivers seat was not plugged back in when I put the seats back in. Duh
Plugged it in, light went off Hammer

Modded out  06 Sorento LX. 
Just bought a Full Size Custom Van & Can't afford the GAS! 
"Hook' M Horns!"
08-06-2007 08:11 PM
auvidman
Sorento Fan

I have a 2007 Sorento tdi. I had the battery replaced today and now my airbag light is on. Nothing else on the car has been altered recently. I spoke to the local Kia dealer and they advised they could hook up the computer and reset any errors but would be charging me $55 for the privilege. Has anyone else had this issue and found a solution?

01-27-2012 12:38 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
sorentist
Sorento Master

Is the airbag system/safety items not covered by a longer mandatory warranty in the US maybe 100,000 miles and 10 years? Me thinks so.
Ron

01-27-2012 01:20 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
auvidman
Sorento Fan

I am in Australia and don't believe it is covered by any warranty. The dealer/ service center was quite happy to charge me the money to fix the problem.

01-27-2012 02:49 AM

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: