Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/class_core.php on line 39

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/class_core.php:39) in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions.php on line 803

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/class_core.php:39) in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions.php on line 803

Deprecated: Function eregi_replace() is deprecated in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions_post.php on line 146

Deprecated: Function eregi_replace() is deprecated in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions_post.php on line 146

Push Button Start ? Pros and Cons
Current time: 09-23-2014, 03:18 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Post Reply  Post Thread 

nigwhyrito
Sorento Guru

Group: Registered

I Have a friend that says he might be able to develop and implement a push button start for my sorento. I thinking he is full of it. If i can remeber correctly JC whitney used to sell push button start conversion kits.

Edit
Yep i found a universal kit at http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Produ...ush+button

Any pros and cons about push button start system..

1 problem with sorento since I owned it at
33,000 miles Fuel guage acting weird..
JULY 3rd Sorie was in accident.. she is done..no more sorie

This post was last modified: 06-07-2007 05:23 PM by nigwhyrito.

06-07-2007 05:17 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
K Spec
Sorento God

RE: Push Button Start ? Pros and Cons

I have seen aftermarket engine-start buttons installed on vehicles originally without them. I believe a company called "Ignited" caters to the import performance scene. They make switches and kits that mimic the look of the start button on a Honda S2000.

Don't have first hand experience with them so can't help you with an evaluation. Although, Techno did install a push-button starter on my Sorie that came with my alarm/remote-start system, so I guess I have a engine-start button that works in reverse (push button first, then insert & turn key to release steering, then press brake to switch from remote-start running to normal running)... if that makes sense.

K Spec _ Chicago : USA
'03 Clear White KIA Sorento LX 4x4

Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
Jake: "Hit it!"
06-07-2007 07:07 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
TeChNoPuLsE
Sorento God

Eyebrowdamn im good...

i wouldnt do it ... jcw sells crap... you still have to put the key in... what is the point...

now i have seen cars with a push button but the key could be left in a...wallet or a purse and had to be within 5 feet to work...
now thats cool!

SOLD YOUR SORENTO?
need not to worry, as long as you stayed in the KIA/Hyundai family...

Check out WWW.KAI-Forums.com

This post was last modified: 06-08-2007 02:40 AM by TeChNoPuLsE.

06-08-2007 02:39 AM
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
nigwhyrito
Sorento Guru

oh yeah like smart chip in the key only its using bleutooth i seen that before to. or rfid

1 problem with sorento since I owned it at
33,000 miles Fuel guage acting weird..
JULY 3rd Sorie was in accident.. she is done..no more sorie
06-08-2007 11:56 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
JagGTX
Sorento Guru

I've got a Sorento aftermarket push ignition. There are many buttons available. I haven't listed it or rodered it in but it's pretty cool. THeres a switch with three settings. The switch is meant to be mounted in a hidden place ie. under the seat. There are three settings:

1. allows engine to start by turning key
2. allows engine to start by using the push button
3. disables the ingition system altogether

I have some pics somewhere.

Jag Gill
Gtxmotorsports.com - Import Vehicle Tuning
Surrey,BC Canada
06-20-2007 08:26 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Visit authors website Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
SxySorento
Sorento Guru

Push button start wont be useful for me as firstly I have a manual Sorie and I like to leave my Sorie in gear when it parked on hills and stuff, so i thing push button start will definately not work for me...

06-21-2007 02:51 PM
JagGTX
Sorento Guru

I wouldn't really want one on my Sorento, it's not really for SUV's it's more of a luxuary/sports sedan thing I'd say. Now whether I'll try one on my Sorento or not is undecided.

Jag Gill
Gtxmotorsports.com - Import Vehicle Tuning
Surrey,BC Canada
06-21-2007 10:45 PM

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: