Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/class_core.php on line 39

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/class_core.php:39) in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions.php on line 803

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/class_core.php:39) in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions.php on line 803

Deprecated: Function eregi_replace() is deprecated in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions_post.php on line 146

Deprecated: Function eregi_replace() is deprecated in /home/sorentos/public_html/forum/inc/functions_post.php on line 146

Nigwhyrito Garage (not dial-up safe)
Current time: 08-30-2014, 11:24 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Pages (2): « First [1] 2 » Last » Post Reply  Post Thread 

nigwhyrito
Sorento Guru

Group: Registered

Okay I'm addicted to working on my 2004 diamond silver Sorento EX.
Heres some pics of the sorento and the work I done to it.. Nothing to custom trying maintain a stock look. I sux at taking pictures and i just feel weird taking pics of my car.. I think it may make the wife jealous.

mods i have started on or completed
carputer
rebadge my sorento
automatic folding mirrors
fuel door release switch
locking fuel door
changed grille
mounted korean radio pac oem
gps/wif/pcs antenna
wood grain shifter
Mount dvd burner inside radio
and the stuff in my signature.

it started with this added in the woodgrain shifter from james...

But owning a sorento means wanting more in life.. I wanted a pc in the car time to spend more time and money

this the screen

This is where the screen will go

This post was last modified: 06-06-2007 08:39 PM by nigwhyrito.

01-20-2007 10:57 PM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
nigwhyrito
Sorento Guru

RE: Nigwhyrito Garage

than i started working on the pc.
removed the floor console and the all door and floor trims.
I had fun removing console took me three tries kept forgetting to plug wires in.

First attempt at carpc mounting
after it was done i did not like the way it stuck out i wanted a more oeml look back to the drawiing board, Oh yeah i destroyed that board craked the pci port pluging in my wifi card and vga monitor card.

2nd attempt pics to come

1 problem with sorento since I owned it at
33,000 miles Fuel guage acting weird..
JULY 3rd Sorie was in accident.. she is done..no more sorie
04-30-2007 01:41 AM
Send the author an email Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply
nigwhyrito
Sorento Guru

My next mod was Automatic folding Mirrors.Eyebrow
USA sorentos dont have this. Some foreign ones have it stock..Hissyfit
This was made possible with the help of site member ByeunBye
heres a video i made of them in action
http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g86/ni...to1AVI.flv

In the video you see chrome covers and blue tint on the mirrors. They came straight from Korea. I dont have any chrome on sorento so the chrome outsides of the mirror were overkill I removed chrome mirror housing and went back to stock housing.. I am planning on getting the led housing from James when my money is right.. Current pic of my mirrors

My next Mod was changing the grille from USA stock to Korean stock

Then I upgraded the korean stock to Korean custom.. This is not the same Koreaan Grille that is chrome. Simple add on piece (darn wish i would have kept the chrome housing mirrors now)Duh

This post was last modified: 05-03-2007 09:53 PM by nigwhyrito.

04-30-2007 01:43 AM
nigwhyrito
Sorento Guru

Well my next mod was changing the logos from USA to Korean..

still need to do steering wheel and tires.

04-30-2007 02:23 AM
nigwhyrito
Sorento Guru

Well during this time frame my delphi/delco stock radio was in korea. Trying to have it aux in modded. Well its not possible so I ordered the Korean radio with aux in mod done.

here is a pic you can see it installed along with my lcd.

More pics to come but i am sleepy

This post was last modified: 04-30-2007 02:39 AM by nigwhyrito.

04-30-2007 02:27 AM
nigwhyrito
Sorento Guru

okay wide awake here are some more pics
My next mod was a adding a locking fuel door.. I ordered a fuel door from a foreign 2007 as well as solenoid and fuel door switch
so now sorento has smooth sides.
before

after

Here is a pic of the software on the car pc. I normally run it in full screen
it plays back music,videos,dvd,gps,etc and its touch screen. (xm-when i get a xm antenna)

some shots of the wiring test pics for the fuel door/tailgate switch i had to paint it to match interior. The circuit board is the folding mirror relay in the background.USA Sorentos dont have these installed. oh wait mine is a USA sorento.... Nobody better call customs on my sorento. I cant find her green card. (very lame )

original parts

new parts before painting.

This post was last modified: 04-30-2007 10:32 PM by nigwhyrito.

04-30-2007 10:08 PM
nigwhyrito
Sorento Guru

Uh this is bad pic.. I will try and get better ones.
GPS antenna installed.. I would like to thank the site members who assisted me with this one.. I was scared to cut a whole in my roof but i think i did a good job with ther guidance.  Hammer (Flip side to the story that same night i installed the gps antenna i left the sunroof open by mistake and it rained. well the roof didnt leak but the seats were wet)HammerUsed my heatgun and dried them up. Which is why I want the altron sunroof relay. So when I switch the sorie off the sunroof closes automatically.

gps reciever mouted to back pillar. I have to put the trim back on. I been busy.. Ill get to it.. My sorie looks like a skeleton on the inside all panels are removed.

This post was last modified: 04-30-2007 10:26 PM by nigwhyrito.

04-30-2007 10:21 PM
nigwhyrito
Sorento Guru

More to come And i will be getter better at using the camera..

04-30-2007 10:34 PM
nigwhyrito
Sorento Guru

start of leather headrests i had to get some help from deggy and LX
thanks again.. I was trying to pull that cloth off.

05-03-2007 09:52 PM
nigwhyrito
Sorento Guru

Okay been working on some more stuff so here we go
DVD burner in factory radio.

I have gutted the cd player that was inside it.
I had to remove old cd player and the red connector was the cd players main wire.(thanks byeun for the help)

Next I added make shift mounts I used picture hangers as a L bracket and screwed them to the radio casing. then hotglued and screwed them to the plastic dvd case.

then I took a dremel and cut the back so a usb cord will fit in the back.

Now I have to figure out how I am going to solder on the small pads on the burner to the radios eject switch.. They are VERY small. the radio eject is easy but the dvd burner is not.

This post was last modified: 06-06-2007 08:35 PM by nigwhyrito.

06-06-2007 08:32 PM
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 » Last »

Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: